Major zmac changes (version 10aug2013)A number of big changes have been made to zmac making it both more capable, more compatible and more familiar to C programmers. The highlights:
- Flexible label format and new pseudo-ops making it compatible with MRAS and MACRO-80.
- Outputs .hex, .cmd, .cas, .lcas, .rel, .cim and .ams files.
- $ and 0x prefixes for hex constants.
- 8080 mnemonics supported.
- JR promotion
- Full C expressions and parenthesis allowed.
- Include data files directly (incbin)
- 32 bit constants (defd)
- -I to specify include directories
- Includes source code so you can build and run on Unix, Linux and Mac OSX
You can get the new version and read the documentation on the zmac page.
Thanks go out to Tom Burnett for starting me on all the backwards compatibility features and .rel file output.
George Phillips, September 2, 2013, gp2000 -at- shaw.ca